a-squared listing Azureus using multiple ports

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jokimoto, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Jokimoto

Jokimoto Private E-2

I had thought that Azureus only used one port for everything, but a-squared hijackfree is showing it using about a dozen. When I uploaded the results of the scan for analysis I got several yellow listings, many relating to Azureus, and one red listing w/Azureus. (There were a lot of other yellow's as well that showed, I think, me having some good/some bad versions of various windows .exe's, and that's a whole other issue since I'm not sure how to interpret these results)
    Anyway, I'm running Azureus on winXP sp2, and have no problems with it. I set up the router for port 62455, and that shows in a-squared. But it also shows it communicating on at least 8 other ports. Is this normal? Or do I have a serious problem?
    I'd be happy to attach the a-squared results if requested. Spybot S&D, AVG, ZoneAlarm, spywareblaster and spywareguard, ad-aware...none of these have reported anything serious, and their scans don't show anything either. I have hijackthis, startuplist, etc., if those logs are needed.
    Thnx in advance for any help.

2. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

Azureus is P2P and when others are downloading from your computer it shows as open ports on some firewall programs.

Is Azureus running when you scan with a-squared?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds