A75 Toshiba NO wireless

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by El Verdugo, Apr 29, 2010.

1. El Verdugo

El Verdugo Private E-2

I remember the wireless connection on this laptop was fine a while back. The computer since then has had a Memory upgrade and now has 1Gig of Ram.
    Also it was upgraded to SP3.

The LAN connection is fine with the Realtek RTL8139/810x family fast ethernet NIC.
    I was reading around help forums and to look at the device manager and under network adapters and the only one there is the Realtek and nothing of mention with the Atheros. I went to the Toshiba site and Download the Utility program first, installed it and then the update for it.
    Restarted and still no wireless, there still is no Atheros being mentioned in the network devices in the Device manager at all.

So I am stuck with a laptop that will not connect to the internet via wireless.
    Oh yeah the Wireless switch on the right side is ON.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Alberto

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds