Abit as8 boot issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Luci Fe'r, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Luci Fe'r

Luci Fe'r Private E-2

I am having an issue booting an Abit as8 V1.0. I get 9.F then shuts down. Beeps one long three short. It does the same without the 4 pin PSU cable connected if that could be relative.???

2. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Hi Luci Fe'r, and welcome to MGs. According to Abit, the beeps you're getting is a keyboard error. Since I never had that kind of error, I would suggest trying another keyboard and, hopefully, that will take care of your problem. Here's a list of other Abit beep codes! 1. No beep at all - this means your motherboard is dead, either due to a defective or underpowered power supply, poorly seated CPU or RAM, or a dead-on-arrival board
    2. One beep - board is working fine
    3. One long beep then machine shuts down - faulty, improperly installed or missing CPU
    4. 1 short(Beep) System booting is normally
    5. 2 short(Beep) CMOS setting error
    6. 1 long - 1 short(Beep) DRAM ERROR
    7. 1 long - 2 short(Beep) Display card or monitor connected error
    8. 1 long - 3 short(Beep) Keyboard Error
    9. 1 long - 9 short(Beep) ROM Error
    10. Long(Beep) continuous DRAM isn't inserted correctly
    11. Short(Beep) continuous POWER supply has a problem
    12. A two-tone siren, generally caused by overheating or out of specification voltages
    13. Four beeps then machine shuts down. This is because this version of the BIOS will shut down your machine if no fan tachometer signal is detected on the fan header. Make sure you attach a fan to the FAN1 or FAN4 header or clear CMOS to reset to default (no checking).

Hope this helps;)

3. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Private E-2

you built this? did it ever work?

a computer that wont boot is sometimes because its grounded or not grounded? like i mean the screw has to connect to a hole and if the board is touching metal on the bottom it will not work

re- do it all

check it

4. Luci Fe'r

Luci Fe'r Private E-2

Thank you for taking the time. The parts were tested separately before I built it except the video card which I think the beeps may be indicating. So the latest code is 8.3, 8.7, 9.6 and then shuts off. Once it restarted and repeated this sequence several times. I did try a couple different keyboards and no dice plus they work fine on other computers. I read somewhere the BIOS chip could be outdated or incompatible. CPU Pentium4 6.3ghz? Thanks again.

5. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Private E-2

the board is probably not screwed in right and the metal on bottom of board is touching the case -the holes have to match perfectly with screws

6. akumaevil

akumaevil Private E-2

I have same problem[post codes 8.3, 9.6, 9f and pc not boot] on other forum i read it only need turn off pc, put off baterry and power on pc and pc will go boot,in bios put back baterry and save.

Simple and it ill back to work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds