Abit IC7-G Motherboard Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nomorebigideas, May 15, 2007.

1. nomorebigideas

nomorebigideas Private E-2

Hello everyone,

I'm going to kick it old school for a second here;

I've got an old P4 2.4ghz PC with an old IC7-G motherboard. I'm selling it to a friend because I've just invested in a Shuttle; problem is it's just stopped working on me.

There is power going to the motherboard, HD drives, DVD-RW and fans etc but I'm getting no boot up response. I can't even get to the BIOS settings which is worrying.

It was working fine yesterday evening, I simply moved it and vacuumed inside the case to tidy it up alittle.

I've checked the cables and evything seems plugged in so I'm at a loose end. Just downloaded the manuals and will check again when I've finished work.

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions? I'll list the specs below.

I would extemely grateful for any advice!

Kind regards,

Joss Thompson

-

P4 2.4ghz
    Abit IC7-G Motherboard
    512mb DDR 400 RAM
    80gb 7200rpm Maxtor SATA HD
    40gb 7200rpm Maxtor ATA HD
    Nvidea GeForce FX 4600 (I think)
    16x DVD-RW

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to vacuum inside the case especially around the MB and it's components.

Reason is, because the fast moving air creates static electricity that can ruin the RAM and other IC's on the MB. It's best to use a can of compressed air to blow out the dust bunnies.

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If it has had a static problem, it can be worth unplugging, and moving the motherboard jumpers to reset the bios to default. (for 15 to 20 seconds)
    Then reconnect power lead, and try - Are you getting any beeps 1 single beep is good news, normally.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds