abit post code 0.4 (boot up failure)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by super_lamb, Nov 25, 2004.

1. super_lamb

super_lamb Private E-2

My pc was working fine - I decided to upgrade my heat sync.

Having replaced the heat sync and reconnected everything back to the motherboard I booted up my pc. After around a second the PC gave one long beep which repeated. And the abit post code showed a post code of 0.4.

The solution was to remove the heat sync, take the processor out and put it back in, replace the heat sync and try again.

I hopes this helps some body.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

3. Doby

Doby Sergeant

When reading the Abit thread I can see how it would happen, if you had not enough standoffs between the mobo and case or maybe even if you did, when applying pressure to mount the hs you short the mobo or flex the mobo to a point it could cause problems. Not sure what the error code is or how taking the cpu out and reinstalling it fixes the problem.

I guess my point is that when installing a hsf it is better to do it before the mobo is installed in the case on a new build but if you are just replacing I guess you take the chance.

Rick

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds