ableplanet headphones LINX AUDIO. HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cronoisme, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Cronoisme

Cronoisme Private First Class

I just got these head phones and they were working fine... I had them plugged into my computer and accidentally tripped over the cord. And it tugged the cord a little but didnt come out of the computer.. Headphones didnt fall or anything everything looks fine... But now the audio only works on the headphones if i put the jack into the computer half way... If i put it in all the way it will play audio but very low even with the headphone volume up and windows volume. Like seriously wtf? What could of happened I dont get it. It happens on other computers as well so its the headphones and not the computer.

2. Cronoisme

Lol, wow these things take batteries that's why the volume was all low. My bad guys, false alarm.

3. Cronoisme

Nope.... its back to only working if I plug it in half way.. lol another bs computer problem.

4. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Those molded plastic mini-plug connectors, as you have discovered, are not robust at all and it is likely you broke one of the wires where it enters the plug. It is also likely when you insert it 1/2-way and hear sound that you are only hearing the left or the right signal that is being sent to both sides.

If handy with a soldering pencil, you can go to Radio Shack and buy a new mini-plug - just make sure you put the right wires on the tip, ring, sleeve to ensure proper separation of left and right signals, and proper grounding. See Mini Stereo Jack Wiring.

Alternatively, you can just cut the connector off your headphones, buy a new cable, and sacrifice it by cutting off one connector (leave some room - I recommend a foot) and splice it to your headphone cable - again making sure you have the correct wires matching up. That won't be pretty, but it will work.

If not handy with a soldering pencil, or you don't have access to one, you can certainly take the headphones to a shop, but depending on how much these particular headphones are worth, it may be better to just buy another set - maybe some wireless Bluetooth headphones!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds