About form submission via email

Discussion in 'Software' started by playerofgames, Jan 22, 2006.

1. playerofgames

playerofgames Private E-2

Is there a secure method for submitting a web form by email? My web editor is Dreamweaver which has a standard form creation tool and I'm fairly familiar with the 'mailto:' command that you would put in the 'form action box', but this I know is not secure.
    I've thought of having users submit the form online instead, but I don't have processing-script knowledge (CGI/PHP, etc), and I don't want to get involved with MySQL databases.
    It would be a lot easier if I could simply have visitors send required attachments, info, to an email address, but again, I know this is usually not secure.
    All help appreciated...

2. playerofgames

Why is no one answering my posts? I'm going to look for another site...

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

umm.. if you can't wait at MINIMUM 24 hours for a response, then I think you're being unreasonable. I was playing with my son yesterday and working on projects for work and other stuff. I don't feel I should have to explain myself to you but if I have things to do on a Sunday, then I'm sure other people do to. You need to be patient.

To answer your question, you dont' need MySQL skills. Simple form posting is all you need to do. But you will need some email script to post to as well as a method to upload a file. Since, you're using PHP, I can't help you because I don't code in PHP. But you can still find an email script by searching the web.

4. Raits

Raits Private E-2

Here's a list of tutorials that should help you solve your problem: Clicky

5. playerofgames

Many thanks.

No offence intended Kodo to you or anyone else, I'm just getting a bit paranoid in my old age.
    Good to know I don't need MySQL.

I'm not using PHP or anything at the moment - I'm just fishing here. The only form submission method I know a little of is the 'mailto:' action/command, but this is unsafe and the visitor is told as such with a pop-up, so obviously no good (not that I want to be dishonest), but I still want form data to be submitted to an email address rather than online, so I'm just looking for a safe version of mailto:

Cheers Raits - I'll look that link up.

6. playerofgames

Had a look at Hotscripts which seems a good site, but you have to download the tutorials. I know what this can lead to, so reluctant to do this.
    Can't someone on MG just show me an example script/s explaining what it does and how I put this in a D'weaver html doc?

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well if you're not willing to code it yourself, you'll have to download something!

With plain HTML you can't really send emails. You need to use PHP or something like that.

Check this out http://www.tutorialcrazy.com/onepage.php?tutorial=Php Mail Form
    Mind the popup though!
    You should be pretty easily be able to write a script to do what you need in a few minutes.

8. playerofgames

OK - thanks... I'll try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds