? about lowering # of processes

Discussion in 'Software' started by rice56, Mar 24, 2004.

1. rice56

rice56 Private First Class

I mainly play deltaforce landwarrior, but I also try to play deltaforce black hawk down etc...
    now my problem is with bhd. it seems i can only play it if i turn my firewall off.
    if i try to play it while leaving it on, i get a ci ( connection interrupt) by the time i actually get in the game.
    question was maybe if i lowered my processes, i could play, but i dont know what i can turn off.

and as for pc info, just tell me what you all need to know.
    any help is greatly appreciated:D

2. MGM

MGM Private E-2

3. rice56

he's been on my favorites list

4. Tater

Tater Tot

Lowering processes that aren't needed is a good idea, but it's likely you're firewall is blocking the ports needed to play online.

5. rice56

ok, when i first installed the game and ran it.
    before i could connect to novaworld bt clicking play multiplayer, nortons popped up

about dfbhd . exe

so of course i allowed it.

but i guess there are other ports that are'nt gettin accessed and that could be the prob.
    well, it is the prob bcuz if i turn my fwall off, i get in fine:confused:

6. Tater

Tater Tot

You should go to the game's website and look for the FAQ's or search the message board for the specific ports. Also, more and more read me's list the ports needed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds