? about memory and prices?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NGISED, Mar 13, 2005.

1. NGISED

NGISED Private E-2

Hi everyone,

I have done some searching (prob not enough Ha hA) so I come to you.

I have a question about memory and prices. What is the difference between sticks of memory PC2100, and why does the cost vary so much?

Here is what I am building so far:
    Tyan board

The CPU: 1 for now
    Xenon

I want to get memory, at least two sticks 1 gig ea.

I am looking @ prices starting @ $128- $200+ EA.
    I have found other sites where the price is lower and higher. What gives?
    They seem to have the same bandwidth and voltage specs, warranty seem to be the same; just different manufatcures(sp). I just don't want to be spending money on an a LEXUS when I can get the same quality and reliablity with a Toyota. Know what I mean?
    I am buiding this system to do video and some 3D work, later on I plan to add a 3d lab or Quatro card with $$ pending. :cool:

NGISED = Thom

2. catbro6166

catbro6166 Corporal

some memory manufacturers have great prices but dont support all types of systems or should I say they support all bios chips or processors check the fine print and youll see what I mean it sounds good till you see the part about not responsible for system crashes or damage to components but with higher end stuff you get a guarantee that the component will work. Dont go cheap with memory it will end up costing you in the end.

3. NGISED

NGISED Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds