About my temperatures

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keke, Jun 15, 2008.

1. keke

keke Private E-2

I oc'ed my E2180 from 2.0ghz to 2.5ghz and i'm getting 66 degrees celcius at 100% load in orthos. I got 1 120mm fan in the back blowing hot air off and one 80mm in the sidecase, allso i have one in the front blowing cool air in. Is this temp too much at load or is it allright, or should i buy a new cooler for my cpu ?

My rig:

E2180@stock cooler
    Msi p31 neo-f
    2x pqi 1024mb@800mhz
    Inno3d Geforce 7300gt

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

3. keke

keke Private E-2

My case is just some case i bought for really cheap :p, btw those temps i checked with real temp and it showed tj max 85 so were my temps +15 degrees more, since this is tj max 100 :S ? If they were isnt that too much or can this processor take 15 degrees more heat or what

4. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

You don't really have a problem. Enjoy the o/c.

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

If you look at the "real temp" site the developer has a very good blurb on actual temps, the readings you maybe getting of real temp may be out by 4-5C and he explains how to establish the right baselines for the program and then you can define the tj max yourself. Core Temp and HWMonitor are good apps to use as well, I generally run at least 2 temp monitoring apps to get an "average temp" between the different software.

That temp is pretty good and it will be very rare that you will stress the system as much as orthos does and thus should never be hitting those temps (or rarely).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds