About PalTalk

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimpeel, Apr 18, 2004.

1. jimpeel

jimpeel Sergeant

I had never heard of PalTalk until today and a search of the MajorGeeks boards came up empty.

Does anyone know anything more about PalTalk than what is posted at the download page? It looks good but one never knows these days.

The download site is at http://download.com.com/3000-2150-10226081.html

2. jimpeel

jimpeel Sergeant

The download.com user rating is running 44/50 con/pro. Many there say that it is the king of spyware, hackable, virus prone, etc. The ones who like it can't say enough good; and the ones who hate it can't say enough bad.

There are numerous complaints about the mods they call "Redcoats" and a couple have stated that if one p---es them off they will lunch your computer.:rolleyes:

Many there say they have used it since as early as '99 but that certainly seems like enough time to at least get a couple of hits on a search of MG.

I think I'll pass for now.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

4. Coffeemale

Coffeemale Private E-2

Paltalk is simple and easy to use. Just another chat server to me. Beats the heck out of yahoo, and otherwise lots of fun.

5. YooperLady

YooperLady Private First Class

I use PalTalk alot and have never had any problems with it other than some pop-up adds. I downloaded mine right through paltalk.com though, so you might consider that. I have used it for about 4 years with no problems.

6. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I use paltalk too and never had a problem either. It is a nice service, but pricey if you want to pay $35.00. They should lower the cost and hope for more subscribers, rather than milking the few they have(d). I have no problem supporting decent service, but a few less ads is not worth the $$.

All in all the free is fine.

7. YooperLady

YooperLady Private First Class

The free version is just fine for most users. I have never paid for PalTalk, and I don't intend to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds