Absolutely no sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kcole13, Jun 22, 2013.

1. kcole13

kcole13 Private E-2

So I opened my computer the other day and the sound was gone. I have an ASUS Notebook UX31A.

It says I have no audio devices installed. I checked device manager, there is not even a section dedicated to audio or whatever its called (Sound Games and controllers or something like that).

I went into admin tools and restarted Windows Audio. nothing. Plugged headphones into the audio jack and those weren't recognized either. My computer is basically disregarding the fact that sound is even a real thing.

I've looked at a billion forums now and nothing is working. I downloaded the latest Realtek audio drivers and extracted them from the zip folder, but beyond that, I don't know how I would use drivers to make sound appear.

I'm frustrated, and if somebody could help me get some sound I would appreciate it.

First thread too btw.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

You say you opened your computer. Did you remove anything and put it back? Make sure all connections are seated properly. You downloaded Realtek audio drivers. Are you sure those are the right ones? I pulled up a page describing the laptop and it states the audio was co-developed by Bang & Olafsen.

3. kcole13

kcole13 Private E-2

I downloaded those drivers directly from Asus website. And all the connections were in the same state as they have been for the duration I've had the laptop.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Does device manager show any yellow exclamation marks? What os are ye running, xp, vista, 7,8? Linux?

5. kcole13

kcole13 Private E-2

Windows 8. There are no exclamation points in the device manager

6. kcole13

kcole13 Private E-2

Fixed. Had to uninstall the driver then it repaired itself

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds