AC'97 Audio CODECs Realtek [AVANCE]

Discussion in 'Software' started by Heavenly, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

Hi all!!!!!i downloaded the realtek codec and yet it still says that its not digitally signed by windows!!!its really annoying and i downloaded it from there site via a link ye provided!!!!!!but the thing is that the codec i used before works on other XP machines but not on some!!maybe it might be that i didnt install the motherboard drivers but anyway im not sure!!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Digital signing means Microsoft has not cleared it, basically a formaility, you should be fine installing it.

3. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

ya i installed it but to no avail!!!it wont operate like it should!!it just says audio codec not detected and a load of other stuff!!!

iv tried going through my HDD and actually clicking on the icon itself and says EQ failure!!!

to be honest its getting abit head wrecking im a computer tech but this 1 area has always troubled me!!i had the same problem with the computer im using now but i installed the motherboard drivers and then tried it again and it worked but i also discovered a solution on how to install the driver but cant remember!!!!

any suggestions???

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

What happened that caused you to lose your driver?
    Use Device Manager:

Post what you see.

System Information
    If you have a retail PC, post the manufacturer name and model #.
    Do you have on-board sound or an add-on card?

Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware-related Pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

5. biddy187

biddy187 Private E-2

Hi there you might find if its a new motherboard it might be something to do with the bios codec, i know it sounds strange but in some new types especially Realtech Sound Chipsets they have Alazia Audio codec built in the bios and you MIGHT just find playing with this and maybe getting a REV. Version update for your motherboard drivers from your manufacturer website .
    I have had this problem before on my Dual core board and a slight hitch with this quad core board.

Biddy187
    XP Media Centre Edition
    q6600 2.66 Quad Core 8mb L2 Cache 1066FSB
    3Gb Dual Chl DDR2 RAM
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L 1333FSB
    250Gb WD Caviar HDD x 3
    320Gb Barracuda HDD
    80Gb Barracuda HDD
    Geforce 8 512Mb Pci-e DVI

6. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

hey i sorta had a go with that last night messin with the bios but to no avail!!!!im a computer tech but this area always confused me,some times it would work and sometimes it wouldnt work!!its a pain in the *** to be honest!!!!!!i spent over 4 and a half hours last night tryin to get realtek to work but to no success!!!so i tried a few other codecs and they didnt work!!!realtek have the best audio codecs by far,well from what iv experienced in the past!!its just that most of them have not been digitally signed by windows and thats the main reason it work i think!!!!!!!!1

so any other tips would be a great help!!!!????

7. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

hey everyone i have found a solution as to why realtek audio codecs will not work!!!

the fact that its not digitally signed isnt really a problem at all!!
    but if you have not installed the motherboard drivers then your guaranteed that it wont work plus when you install the the motherboard drivers it should install an audio codec if it doesnt then you can use the realtek audio codec which you would have downloaded from the net!!!!!!!!!

if i have made a mistaike please reply and tell me or if you want to express your opinion on the matter please reply!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  8. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

No, I forgot you need motherboard drivers first to be sure everything else works properly. Good call.

9. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

ya no problem just remembered how i fixed it before!!!if you have the realtek audio codecs installed just un-install them and reboot,then just install the motherboard drivers and there you go you should have sound and if you dont just apply the realtek codec!!!that should solve anyone's problem!!!!!!!1

10. biddy187

biddy187 Private E-2

I was kinda sayin that you need to insatall the original or up to date motherboard drivers from the manufacturers website its always safer to do it like that but nice one for sorting if you have got the 8 channel HD Audio built in then they do some cool controller software for adjusting the sound like a graphic equelizer you check it out !!

11. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

the funny thing was that i i didnt actually have the motherboard drivers but my solution definitly works!anyway i eventually went google-ing and found a HD realtek driver and it worked instantly with no hassle or anything!!!!!!!!

and now i have another compputer thats completely sucking and it wont let me install any sort of driver!!i even have the origional motherboard drivers on CD and everything and it says something like 'we cannot find the audio device' or something like that,maybe my sound port is blown on my motherboard so im going to put the sound card that was origionally in it before i re-formatted it!!!!but the thing is that when i reformatted the drive i just then realised that the motherboared was faulty so i had to get 1 of my Foxconn motherboards and put it into it!!!!

i tried the drivers but to no avail!!!!!!!!!!!

any tips any1!!?????????

12. biddy187

biddy187 Private E-2

Whats the spec of the mobo and sound card and which OS?

13. slyman82

slyman82 Private E-2

Hi guys, Ive tried everything to fix my audio device , I have had the same problems as the others on this thread, realtek code 10 device cannot start(NOT DIGITALLY SIGNED), I have an australlian sony vaio PCG Z1XGP any idea where I can get the original motherboard drivers cause my prob started when I reinstalled XP. Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds