AC97 (code 10)

Discussion in 'Software' started by banasrab, Sep 4, 2007.

1. banasrab

banasrab Private E-2

I know you get a lot of these and I read through all of the related posts, but it doesn't seem to help me much. I'm running an eMachines (go ahead laugh it up) T4060 with XP home edition. Just a few days ago my sound went out completely (Realtek Avance AC97). Standard "This device cannot start (code 10)" message. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Please help and thanks.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You didn't do any new installs or uninstalls of apps or your OS? Everything was OK and then not? Did you download a new driver, uninstall the old, and try installing the new one? You may have to completely shut down and then start back up for the driver to be recognized. Here is where you can find the Realtek driver that you say you need.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_AC97_Drivers_d4400.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds