AC'97 Driver Issue - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kenet, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Kenet

Kenet Private E-2

I had to reinstall Vista on my eMachines w4620 laptop and now I cannot get the sound card to work. I am finding that this is a common issue, however I have yet to find a solution that works. I have included my Everest report hoping someone can help me. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Kenet

Kenet Private E-2

Can anyone help me?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The likely fix is that in re-installing the OS you need the Chipset driver to be installed first then the Audio and then any others that are highlighted in Device Manager as yellow ! marks.

The drivers for your model eMachines are here http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Notebooks&subcat=W Series&model=W4620 install Chipset first then reboot and install the audio.

4. rosie212

rosie212 Private E-2

I couldnt get audio for ages after gpoing through loads of sites and trying uninstalling and reinstalling it turned out that my audio was od in the device manager.Go in and try show hiddenn devices.There is a bit for youre audio .Check that its enabled.

5. micha

micha Private E-2

check bios, maybe it has an opt for on motherboard sound or pci soundcard.
    If one is of, while putting Vista on it, possible it did not install.

Also check device manager, try update through MS.
    Goodluck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds