access and close current downloads

Discussion in 'Software' started by dealak, Sep 24, 2009.

1. dealak

dealak Private E-2

my friend installed microsoft office on my 'puter ....it has a million gigs of updates ....I ooopsed, and clicked download instead of delete and now the microsoft download process is constant (little yellow shield gives current percentage) I had previously glanced at the download packages offered and its huge! Bigger than the original-large-program. How do I get this thing stopped?
    Thanks, Dave in Alaska

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, dealak...

Go to Microsoft Update - Click on Change Settings in left pane - scroll to bottom of page - to stop using microsoft update, check 'Disable Microsoft Update software and let me use Windows Update only'...

With Windows Update as your default, you will need to check in at Office Update to keep your Office applications fully patched:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/maincatalog.aspx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds