Access Denied (cant view folders on D drive ??)

Discussion in 'Software' started by inzain, Oct 17, 2005.

1. inzain

inzain Private E-2

just reformated my C: drive and put WinXP Pro w/sp1 on there , but now some folders on my seperate hard-drive ( D: ) cannot be opened.
    Attempting to open folders on this extra hard-drive cause a message to prompt up which says:" Acess Denied " (here is a link to the screen shot of this message)

when i click on properties for any of these folders it says File-Size: 0KB, although i know the files are still there cuz the hard-drive size did not change.

so i am wondering how to re-gain access to these folders, is it something with the administration settings?

i just dont understand how something from the previous windows registry can effect a seperate hard-drive especially after doing a clean install ??

any help you may have is greatly appreciated!
    thanx

2. Pra3tor1an

Pra3tor1an Private E-2

Sounds like this drive has been locked by a process, perhaps a system process. Check the security permissions on the drive. Otherwise, there should have been no problem with the install, as Windows would see that drive under normal circumstances, assuming it was properly formatted. Also, you may want to test the integrity of the second drive's hardware. What brand is it?

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

See if THIS helps.

4. inzain

inzain Private E-2

yup, that is precisely what resolved this problem!

thanx!!

:cool:

5. u0218437

u0218437 Private E-2

Hey , my sister has a probelem with her 3 and a half floppy disk, she can not gain access to her CV. The computer states that 'The disk drive A is not formatted do you want to format it now?'. However, if she formats it, she will lose all her work from the disk, and it is of real importance to her. Please can you help.

6. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Umm..isn't this a new thread?? :confused:

But try running Scandisk on the floppy.

7. scouse

scouse Corporal

Nothing wrong with the floppy disc but the drive, usually the cause of this can be the floppy drive being not seated correct or connection loose..If the CV is important, as i am sure it is then if she places it in another floppy drive on another computer i am sure it will be fine. Unless the drive she has works all floppy discs except that one with the CV then obviously yes it is the disc..

Good luck i hope she retrieves her CV..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds