Access Denied - SFS option MISSING!

Discussion in 'Software' started by CGuy2006, Feb 18, 2006.

1. CGuy2006

CGuy2006 Private E-2

Win Xp Pro SP2

My All Users\Documents folder is saying access denied. I tried to take ownership but when I went to disable Simple File Sharing there was no such option listed in the advanced folder settings.

I am logged on in SafeMode as Administrator, and when I ran Norton AV2006 it was scanning inside that folder & subfolders but nothing else seems to be able to see inside or access that folder in any way.

Any ideas ? :confused:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

So if I have this right in Tools > Folder Options > View .. there is no option to un-check Use Simple File Sharing?

do you have the option in safe mode at same location?

3. CGuy2006

CGuy2006 Private E-2

You are correct and the option is missing in both regular and safe modes.

Also, safemode appears to possibly be "faked" -- I have low-resolution "SAFE MODE" text in the 4 corners but the icons, while larger, appear to be hi-color hi-resolution versions.

I am beginning to suspect a rootkit of some sort.

Is there any way to boot bypassing the whole default boot? Boot to CD based OS maybe?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds