Access violation at address 00455e2b

Discussion in 'Software' started by shandipotter, Jan 23, 2013.

1. shandipotter

shandipotter Private E-2

I just purchased a new pc. It's ibuypower and when trying to install the asrock drivers and utilities disk I get the message access violation at address 00455e2b in module 'asset up.exe'. Read of address 00000008. And I can't get any further than that. The pc has windows 8 preloaded. Help! Please and thank you.

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

Compatibility issue is the problem i think , you can download this tool

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CPU-Z_d425.html

to go to mainboard tab to inform us the model :wave

Attached Files:

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Very likely the tool may not be compatible with your Windows version but you can try to run it in compatibility mode, first uninstall it, then install but right click the installer and choose Properties, then the Compatibility Tab and choose XP SP3 and Run as Administrator and install, then once installed right click the shortcut and choose Properties again and Compatibility Tab and choose XP SP3 and Run as Administrator again and see if the app works.

But sadly not all apps programmed for older Windows versions will work even with compatibility, sadly the 3rd party makers such as ASRock do not update their apps quickly.

If you do need to install any drivers or utilities I would not use the CD, I would go to the Website of ASRock and search the support site for your model motherboard and download the latest drivers/utils from there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds