Accessing email from a new XP user account

Discussion in 'Software' started by quinlad, Jan 18, 2005.

1. quinlad

quinlad Private E-2

Hello,

I've recently set up another user account on XP Pro so my computer can be accessed by my brother over a VPN. To do this, I had to create an account that would be the administrator (even though there was an account called 'Administrator' already).

Because I'm an idiot, I was surprised to see that desktop icons were gone (I've since found these under administrator in documents and settings). However, I've now got problem retrieving my emails from Outlook Express.

Part of the problem is that the Administrator user account no longer appears to exist: there's my new admin account, my brother's limited account, and Guest only.

So in my new account, I've tried to import an email account into Outlook Express but when asked to select a type of account Outlook Express isn't listed (Outlook 4, Eudora etc are).

What I'm asking is, firstly, is there a simple way of importing/finding my old emails and contacts?

And secondly, CAN I REVERT BACK TO MY PREVIOUS 'ADMINISTRATOR' ACCOUNT WHILE STILL HAVING MY BROTHER'S LIMITED ACCOUNT FOR OUR VPN?

Thanks!

2. be0

be0 Corporal

I am not sure if this will help
    But if you go to C
    then go to documents and settings
    then you should see folders with different user names
    Here you will find your old desktop
    as for your old emails that you probally need to look up in your outlook express folder somewhere in programm files

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds