Accessing info off a 2nd hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mattyboy124, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Mattyboy124

Mattyboy124 Private E-2

I have a hard drive that I want to get info off of. I have just the harddrive and I can't access the info on my user acct because it was pasword protected. I need to know how to get to that information hopefully without having to pay bug bucks. If anyone can help i'd appreciate it!!

~Matty

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I am unsure of a lot of things. What you have tried, what it was password protected with and if you tried to set the drive up as a slave on your computer and drag and drop whatever you need.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Password protected or are you getting access denied?

4. Hardmarkerin

Hardmarkerin Private First Class

1 ) Is it an USB, IDE or SATA Hard Drive ????
    2 ) Where did you set the password ?
    3 ) Is there an OS installed in the Hard Drive.
    4 ) Which OS does this comp have ?
    5 ) Does that Hard Drive need an external Power Connector in case its a USB Hard Drive ? :confused:

5. Mattyboy124

Mattyboy124 Private E-2

I am trying to drag and drop yes. It does show an invalid. It tells me my documents is locked. I password protected my profile on the slave. The slave and current comp have windows xp. However i do think that the comp im working on is fat 32 formatted and the slave is NTFS formatted. Yea anything else let me know.

6. Hardmarkerin

Hardmarkerin Private First Class

Make the NTFS as the master if it has the OS , and the Fat 32 as slave ... just for a try

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds