accidently disabled all display adapters need help immediately

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sikmachine, Jan 15, 2006.

1. sikmachine

sikmachine Private E-2

so i accidently disabled all my display drivers so now when i boot up it goes to the windows loading screen like normal but then the screen goes completely black. I know that it is still on because i can hear the windows startup sound however i don't see anything on the screen. I need help immediately please!!!!!!

2. neilshep

neilshep Private E-2

Hit F8 when you turn on your pc and it starts to boot, then select safe mode. When its finished booting, right click on "My Computer" and click on manage. Select "Device Manager", then expand display adaptors. Select your display adaptor, right click on it and select "uninstall". Reboot and windows should detect a "new" graphics card and sort out the drivers for it!

3. sikmachine

sikmachine Private E-2

it doesn't work when i try to go into safe mode, all that happens is there is a list that comes up with windows drivers and then it just sits there and i can't do anything

4. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Are you saying that it doesn't complete the boot into Safe Mode?

5. sikmachine

sikmachine Private E-2

yes that is what i am saying, do you think getting the winxp disks and then just restoring the original drivers would work?

6. neilshep

neilshep Private E-2

You could try booting to "Last known configuration that worked" or "VGA mode", but I think you may be into a reinstall situation. My personal experience is that a "repair" gets you iin a mess with windows update...... ........and you end up formatting and reinstalling :(

7. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Yes - assuming they were working before. I've gotta say I go by the maxim "If it ain't broke don't fix it" (Well most of the time :rolleyes: :p )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds