Accidently uninstalled Realtek HD Audio

Discussion in 'Software' started by stan_94, Mar 1, 2011.

1. stan_94

stan_94 Private E-2

Hey guys, last night i had alot of work on the PC, and i decided to remove some unnecessary stuff i had, but then i found out i had uninstalled the Realtek HD Audio, so i lost all sound (as you might know)..

Anyways, i tried to install it again and update it but still nothing, also unplugged and replugged the speakers back still nothing..I also installed a Driver Updater to see if it would help but it didnt..So pretty much im out of suggestions :( :(

Should you need any info about the PC, i'll give, im not really aware of where i can find it though, so please let me know how to incase its necessary :cool

Thanks!

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, stan_94.

If you can give us the make and model # of your machine, and the operating system version and Service Pack # you're using, we should be able to help you.

3. stan_94

stan_94 Private E-2

Im using a Windows XP Home Edition
    Im not sure which # you need so ill just post the ones I see on me PC :/

X11-45374 / 00043-657-801-222 / NO9-01284

4. Caliban

No, those don't help.

Try this:

Please download and run Free PC Audit, a stand-alone system information tool.

When the scan completes, click 'File', 'Save As', name the report, and save to an easily found location, such as your Desktop.

Be advised: the report will display your IP Address and Windows Product Key. You may delete this information if you so wish.

Then attach that file to your next post per these instructions: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post.

5. stan_94

stan_94 Private E-2

Well I've found the things that you required earlier; here they are:

Windows XP Home Edition
    Service Pack 3.0
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
    76459-OEM-0065782-01222

Hope I got it right now..

6. Caliban

Hi.

There are many variations of Realtek audio drivers, so to ensure that the correct link is found, please run the PC Audit and attach the report to your next post.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds