Acer 4502WLMi cant connect to Linksys WRT120N

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Starday, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Starday

Starday Private E-2

Like the thread says, Acer 4502WLMi cant connect to Linksys WRT120N. And it is the case with only this notebook. Every other notebook or phone regularly surf the net via this router, but this Acer cannot.
    Interesting thin is that right now, with this problematic laptop, Im connected to wireless internet via TP link router at my friend's house and everything is ok...
    What can be the reason for these 2 devices not to like eachother? :(

I saw in the specs, Linksys supports 802.11 bgn, and Acer supports b and g.

Please help.

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi
    Have you got the MAC address filtering turned on in the linksys ....

Linksys routers give you the ability to enable Media Access
    Control (MAC) address filtering. The MAC address is a
    unique series of numbers and letters assigned to every
    networking device. With MAC address filtering enabled,
    wireless network access is provided solely for wireless
    devices with specific MAC addresses. For example, you can
    specify the MAC address of each computer in your home
    so that only those computers can access your wireless
    network.

Have you also tried turning the router off and back on then trying to connect.

iain.t :major

3. Starday

Starday Private E-2

No, filtering is definitely not turned on. We tried several different mobile phones, and every one of them succeeded.

I also tried to turn router off an on, but it didnt help.

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Is the Linksys running in mixed mode or N-only mode?

5. Starday

Starday Private E-2

Well, I dont know that now....that router is in nearby restaurant. You think that router is maybe in only n mode, which my laptop doesnt support, so that could be the problem?

If I could deduct like this..my Nokia N82 support 802.11 b and g, but not 802.11n....so, it implies that router is not in n mode only. If it is...my nokia could not access network also..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds