Acer 6930g boot up problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kostasroussis66, Dec 22, 2012.

1. kostasroussis66

kostasroussis66 Private E-2

Hey there. My acer aspire 6930g wont boot up. I think the problem is in the HD.
    When i open the laptop there are some sounds come from the HDD and it stucks after the acer logo.It was working nice till now but suddenly the HDD showed this problem. :confused

Any help is appreciated :)

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

You can press F2 , esc , del or something else F key to enter the bios inspecting if your hdd is recognized or not , even at the bottom of the laptop there is a sticker with model number , you can inform us about it :wave

Attached Files:

3. kostasroussis66

Thanks for the feedback mate. I gave it for repair and they told me my HDD is corrupt and i would need a clean up of the inner system because it reaches temperatures of 80 degrees C. That repair cost me 115 euros and im out :(
    Can I install windows 8 on this laptop on a new HDD?
    Thanks again

4. falconattack

Merry Christmas :)

You must inform us about the model of your laptop as suggest you in the last post , are you from Greece ? :wave

5. kostasroussis66

Merry Christmas too and I wish u a happy new year and yes im Greek.
    My notebooks hardware is oKay now and I have installed win8 but my acer aspire 6930g has counters a WiFi problem. I have tried to install drivers and other programs but still nothing. The touch-buttons dont even show that little led. What should I do? Thanks for the support. Im pissed off because there is one problem after an another. :(

6. falconattack

I am Greek too ;)

Is there any ? in Device Manager ?
    Start - Run mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok :wave

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Here are the drivers but these are for Win 7, not Win 8.
    http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?modelId=571

You should probably do this
    Because there are 10 Wireless drivers listed.

8. kostasroussis66

Thanks for the support guys. I currently use Ethernet connection and im gonna try your suggestions. @falcon attack αφού είσαι έλληνας γιατί δεν μιλάς ελληνικά; :)

9. falconattack

Αν μιλήσω ποιος θα με καταλάβει ; :p
    There is a problem with win 8 drivers , because of that is better to wait 6 months or so seeing what is the problem with win 8 drivers generally , you can answer me about what i suggested you in the preview post , Happy New Year ( Καλή Χρονιά ) :-D

10. kostasroussis66

@plodr I downloaded the program you suggested me on quotes but it doesnt detect my wifi driver, even though in device manager says that my intel wifi driver is not only okay but updated too. :( . My touch button keys,also, won't open those little lights which is unusual.

11. kostasroussis66

Oh my god you're serious?
    dammnit i have to wait 6 months for a wifi driver? damn bill gates. Happy new year too mate :). @falcon kane me add sto fb legome Kostas Roussis. gt den mporo na sou stilo inbox :p

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  12. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

First off not Bill Gates fault, for one he is not in charge of daily stuff at Microsoft for some years, also its not a Windows 8 issue as it would be ACER or the maker of the hardware component that has just not created 100% compatible drivers for your model yet, you could also wait forever at times as if the 3rd party company NOT Microsoft do not create the drivers then there will be none, sadly its simple economics in tech and hardware makers wish you to update your machines.

However in many cases and your laptop worked with Win7 ok, you should be able to use those drivers fine, may need to install them in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 (right click the installer > choose Properties > Compatibility tab and in the dropdown choose Windows 7)

I have a 2009 netbook that runs Windows 8 fine, just had to install some drivers in compatibility mode, one needed installing as if it was WinXP driver.

In Device Manager are there ay yellow ! Marks by any devices and if so what?

and this log should be able to tell us what wireless card you have installed, with this info above we maybe able to get your wireless going.

13. falconattack

I don't have facebook :) You don't speak Greek because admins told about this , perhaps you haven't the right to send a private message yet , some manufacturers don't create win 8 driver yet , try what i suggested you , if you would like a support in Greece you have to visit www.adslgr.com :wave

14. kostasroussis66

Happy new year to all members of mj's :)
    I have installed many drivers on my ACER 6930G (583G25Mn) for wifi or for the touch buttons but still nothing. I have to stay in a cold room to have internet :(
    Acer support said that there is no further support for Windows 8 since the model
    is not planned to be upgraded. Nevertheless many people have installed win8 to older models without any problem.
    Any help is appreciated :)
    Happy new year again :)

My notebook's SNID is : 84504675125

15. kostasroussis66

any news? :/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds