Acer and Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RickM, Nov 8, 2006.

1. RickM

RickM Private First Class

Ok, I'm starting here because I don't think its a software issue. I have an Acer Aspire 5003 running Windows XP Pro. When I try to remote desktop into it I get the logon screen, then it just goes to a black screen until it times out and loses its connection. I have the same XP Pro on my Dell laptop and do not have the same issue. Any clue on this, its driving me nuts!

Thanks,
    Rick

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

3. Shotgun_Shortz

Shotgun_Shortz Corporal

Either computer may be too slow to load it, or the internet is awful. Maybe install SP2 if not already? And try to find/download a new version of Remote Desktop.

4. RickM

RickM Private First Class

Im sure the setup is ok. I have the same on my other laptops and it does hte same unsing VNC or Funk. It is XP Pro SP2. My PC is 1.5Ghz and the laptop is 1.8Ghz. I get the same thing trying to reach it from my LAN, no internet latency. I guess my next step is to go to Acer, possible BIOS thing. Thanks for you input.

Rick

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds