acer aspire 5100 sound problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by sp3nca, Nov 6, 2008.

1. sp3nca

sp3nca Private E-2

i've searched through many of threads here, and nothing has seemed to be working.

my friend had put my mac os x disk into the laptop and installed bootcamp. in doing that, it completely wiped my sound driver (i think. the icon at the bottom has a speaker with a red x on it and says 'no audio output device is installed'.) i've tried to install and uninstall all the sound drivers, but nothing works.

any suggestions? also, he tried just reinstalling windows, so now i have windows vista installed twice on the same partition, both without sound. is there a way to remove that as well?

thank you.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    I'm a bit confused.... you have Vista installed, and no audio? If so, try this driver for Vista.... as to the 2nd installation of Vista, I'm not an expert with Vista, but IMO it would be easiest (and probably a good idea to be sure everything is "normal") to simply format the entire drive and be sure it's just one partition and then install Vista clean on the newly formatted partition....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds