Acer Aspire 5100 system restore problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by tww110, Oct 3, 2008.

1. tww110

tww110 Private E-2

My internet wasn't working so I restored my Acer Aspire 5100 through the Acer eRecovery thing on the desktop. Everything went fine and I did a complete restore.

After everything was restored, I noticed I didn't have an antivirus program so I downloaded one from the net. It must have been a bad one because the fat32 thing came up and it was "loading" and after it was complete, it went to the main desktop screen then turned off and back on. This continued for a long time (cycling on and off) so I turned the computer off by pressing the power button.

I did not make backup copies of the system restore and I cannot reach the restore program on the computer because it won't let me access the main screen (where the start buttons and icons are located). It keeps turning on and off and showing the fat32 thing.

Does anyone know what to do or where I can download a copy of the Acer system restore online?

Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds