acer aspire 5315 power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Toke, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Does the acer aspire 5315 require the battery to be installed to complete circuit or will it sart/run on power lead alone. ??

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Don't have that model but I do have a 56xx series which is similar and you can power up without the battery.

Just give it a go.

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

It more safety to start up your Laptop with battery because the battery works like ups !! :cool

4. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Thanx for replies .. reason I asked was to eliminate if the problem is a battery fault. The laptop starts up and reaches page for choice of 'Repair or Start normally.. If any choice is chosen or leave screen as it is after 10/15 seconds laptop powers down. Could this be a heat prob. Son-in-Law says fans are clean and he has reseated memory but I am to check this out myself today.
    Intel @ 2.1MHz
    20 Gig Dekstar
    1 gig memory... the rest I dont know.

5. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Checked for fluff bunnies and reseated memory ... OK there... Press power on and fan spins, tries to load and switches off after about 10 seconds. I was looking at the lights below keyboard and it doesn't appear to be charging, orange comes on for same 10 seconds (this is when com not started) occasionally other light turns green but only for a couple of seconds,. Should the Orange Battery stay permanantly on whilst charging ??? So any clues as to why it will not boot with the AC lead connected. Does CPU need new thermal paste??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds