acer aspire 5602 sound problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by jdog73, Nov 8, 2009.

1. jdog73

jdog73 Private E-2

Got a Aspire 5602; installed windows 7 and now my sound does not work. I tried everything but still no results.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

I checked the Acer support page (actually, several Acer support pages) and could not find any reference to a model 5602. I did find out that it is supported by Acer as the "5600 series" and not by model number. Strange. So I downloaded the sound drivers from Acer which are listed as "Conexant Audio". But after extracting the download, it appears that it is really a Realtek HD driver and NOT a Conexant HD driver. :confused I'm wondering if this is part of the problem- does the PC have a Conexant sound chip and Acer has provided the wrong driver, a mislabeled Realtek driver? Does the PC have a Realtek sound chip and Acer included the right driver with the wrong name? Who knows. Here's what I suggest. First, uninstall your current sound drivers. Download and install your chipset drivers from this link. Restart when prompted. Then download and install the Realtek audio drivers from this link. If this doesn't work, then uninstall the sound drivers again, and run Unknown Devices; right click the audio device and select "Device details" and post the VEN number, it will look something like this: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E2&SUBSYS_064B10DE&REV_A1. If Unknown Devices doesn't work for whatever reason, use the info in this link to create and attach an Everest system report to a future post. It would also help if we knew if your Windows is 64bit or 32bit....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds