Acer Aspire 5735Z - are these temps too hignh?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 34woody, Apr 18, 2010.

1. 34woody

34woody Private E-2

I'm running SpeedFan, here are my temps:
    HD0: 59C
    Temp1: 87C
    Temp2: 90C
    Core0: 80C
    Core1: 80C

they seem high to me, and I think this is what is causing it to shut down unexpectedly - am I way off base?

2. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

sweet jesus those are HOT shutdown now and check your fans and clean your pc

3. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Definatly too hot!

Buy an airduster and give it a good clean out.

Maybe buy an additional case fan if you can?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Also enter the BIOS to check temps as Speedfan may not correctly ID your motherboards senor chip, so see if the BIOS has temp readings or use Everest (computer > Sensor) to check temps also, need a second opinion at times.

No not off base at all, high temps can cause random unexpected shutdowns, so do check what Burrell posted above and also as you have a laptop, make sure its on a flat surface with nothing blocking the air vents, so dont have it on your lap or a bed or any surface that can block the bottom and side vents. An additional case fan wont help sadly as you cannot install one, but a laptop cooler stand may, like this HERE (just a random option and not a suggestion as to get this one as I would review many before suggesting one to buy, but something like this is an option)

5. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Do you know something i don't? ;)

Didn't see a mention of a laptop.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes my crystal ball is upto full power this weekend, and the model code from ACER links to a laptop ;)

*just a note or fyi, always read everything including the title as small bits of info do help, you wont always get the gist of all posts, depends how they written but many do hold clues and a bit of checking at the makers sites do hold alot of info.

7. sinner99

sinner99 Private E-2

so i have the same model of notebook. except for i swapped the standard t3200 cpu that came with it for a t7300, they both ran real hot, well this one still does..UNTIL due to the very limited cooling space in there I suspect that you have your power settings like i always have, to never sleep, never hibernate, always run cpu and monitor. i had identical temps with both the t3200 and t7300 cpus, several times I reapplied clean films of arcticsilver5 thermal compound to hope the problem went away. also the hard drive is always smoking hot, replaced that with a 500gb hybrid (ssd still so expensive!) hdd and that brand new was at 60C in this thing. the solution which dropped the temps for me by 40C from 80 to 40...was to simply change my power settings. i know there wasnt filth and crap in the fan and heatsink, i clean it. fan works just fine too. I'm a tech and ive always set the powermanagement off if i could in all systems, microsoft just has never been good with their windows pm settings without a ton of crippling issues (see hibernation) anyway, use the acer epowermanagement software and just turn ur cpu right down, even on ac adaptor(im waiting on my new battery) it drops the temps significantly! i did crap my pants when is seen 80 and 80C on cpu cores, and 60C on a new drive?! in case someone googles along with the same issue, theres your solution. oh i do have a cooling pad too, didnt do much good, although im running without the bottom on, screwed it out and have my cooling pad directly under cpu and hard drive. down in the 30s now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds