acer aspire 9500 laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bellamy, May 23, 2010.

1. bellamy

bellamy Private E-2

I have justed updated my memory in my acer aspire 9500 laptop.I had 2 x 512mb pc2-4200 and now have 2x 1gb pc2-5300. I would get the BSD with the error message 0x000007f (0x00000000 repeated 3 times).
    I emailed crucial and they told me to adjust my virtual memory settings which i did and the laptop seemed ok, but when i started it up this morning got an error message your computer has a fatal error send report and then my browser would open at the microsoft website, but it told me to check my anti-virus software which is zonealarm extreme security. Do i need to replace 1 of my memory modules with the old memory to make my laptop stable, as explained above. Thanks for any help.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Did you get low density RAM?
    Recently upgraded RAM in my desktop, but the company sent the wrong type. Gave them the numbers from the sticks and they confirmed as incompatable. Replaced with low density sticks and now I'm Golden and happy.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you buy these direct from Crucial after using the scanner thing for your model PC? as seems that the ram you have is what is listed, but double check the labels on the ram if they have any to see does it match upto the part # which if I have this right where Part #: CT492858

Try reseting your BIOS/CMOS back to default settings then reboot and enter the BIOS again and make sure all thinsg like date/time and recognition of HDD, DVD etc are all ok.

Try only one stick of ram at a time and see if your get that STOP code, it does link to memory corruption or mismatched ram, but one of the sticks could actually be faulty do create a Memtest86+ Boot CD (to creat this boot cd as you will download an .ISO is to use ImgBurn) and test each stick individually.

Even go to the trouble of uninstalling ZoneAlarm to test that its not a software issue, could also boot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot and Safe Mode with Networking so you can test the internet)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds