Acer Aspire M1640

Discussion in 'Software' started by cooloox, Dec 15, 2009.

1. cooloox

cooloox Private E-2

I apologise for posting here, I am new to these forums and cannot see how to start a new thread.
    I have an Acer Aspire M1640 with Vista Home Premium. I wiped the operating system and in the process lost the necessary files which allow one to press Alt+F10 on startup to go into "Recovery Mode". I still have the partition with the Acer Recovery disk image, but have no way of accessing, or talking to it. Can anyone think of any way I can access the recovery partition?
    I really hope someone has a solution. Thanks.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

No.
    The first thing I did when I got my eMachine (part of Acer) was to burn the recovery DVD on the off chance that alt+ F10 might not work.
    You may be able to purchase a recovery DVD from Acer since you did not burn one.

3. cooloox

cooloox Private E-2

Hi Plodr,

thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I ended up installing Vista again with my DVD from another desktop computer and entering the original Acer Product Key. I then had to activate by a phone service through Microsoft. I bought Acronis True Image Home today and backed the system immediately after installing all of my software.

All's well that ends well. I might take your suggestion though and see if I can purchase an original Acer Recovery CD as that would be better if I ever came to sell the computer.

Best regards,
    Brian.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Definitely good to have the recovery CD/DVD as you mention, if you sell it, you can restore to factory condition.

Very wise of you to burn an image...I do that about once a month on the computers I use the hardest. Actually I burn about once a year and image to an external hard drive the other 11 or so times.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds