acer aspire no sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by squeaky, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squeaky

squeaky Private E-2

hi!

i've installed win 7 on my aspire 5520 few months ago and after a while my speakers stopped working from time to time (they stopped or started to work as i was shutting down laptop and turning it on, while restarting it, things would be the same). my friend told me it could be because of win 7 so i decided to install xp again (i need those speakers for my job)... now i don't have any sound, in ctrl panel it says that i have no audio device, and in device manager, on the sound, video and game ctrls i have audio codecs, legacy audio drivers, legacy video capture... realtek sound drivers are installed, same ones i installed on xp before win 7...

i hope i'm making any sense here, hope anyone understood... don't know what more info should i give here :confused

please help!

tnks

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    Please could you run everest ..... http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Add the report in your next post like this.....

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

Thanks.

3. squeaky

squeaky Private E-2

hi iain.t,

here is everest report. thanks :)

Attached Files:

4. squeaky

squeaky Private E-2

now it started to work, again after i've restarted it :confused

5. squeaky

squeaky Private E-2

and it's dead again -.-

6. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    I need to have a search for a driver that is compatible with your board, as your system was initially shipped with Vista.
    Have you tried windows update to see if it can find a compatible driver??

I found a full set of drivers for your system here....

http://rapidshare.com/files/138366666/DRIVERS_ACER_ASPIRE_5520-5148.rar

you will need winrar or a similar program to open the file

hope this sorts your issue out!!

7. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

You could even follow this !! :wave

Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Manager - Device Manager - right click to yellow question mark - Properties - Details - scroll down the bar menu finding Hardware Ids choice post here the code !!

8. squeaky

squeaky Private E-2

thanks to both of you, the device manager doesn't show any yellow question marks, and i did windows update, nothing happened, and the drivers from the set are the same as ones that i have...
    my idea is that i did something while installing the win7. i see that google shows lots of similar problems because of upgrading to win7... could it be..? i formated c: disc before i installed xp now, so i can't see how could that be true :/ maybe my motherboard is damaged?
    when i start winamp i get report "Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. error code: 88780078."

thanks guys

9. squeaky

squeaky Private E-2

10. squeaky

squeaky Private E-2

it's me again -.-
    so after i restarted cpu few times, and everything was ok, i shut it down and took a good night sleep. in the morning i woke up and it was aaaaaall the same as before -.- so i went nuts and took laptop in nearby store where guy told me it is a problem with xp (something about acer didn't do drivers for xp for this laptop), and he told me to install vista, what i did, and IT IS STILL THE SAME! i will go crazy, i have exhibition in 3 weeks and i have to do video on this &%$%$$ laptop... shuld i just take lots of fuel and burn it to dust? :cry

11. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Ok don't panic!!! ;),

So you now have Vista OS back on your machine ?? if so then you need to install these drivers here in the order that is given.....

1.) Chipset...... ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebo...et-MCP67M_1311_Vista32_with LAN67.72_WHQL.zip

Re-boot your system.

2.) Audio..... ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_5520/vista/Drivers/Audio_Realtek_V6.0.1.5523.zip

3.) VGA (only if you are having issues with video/graphics).... ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebo.../VGA_Nvidia_V7.15.11.6749(WHQL)_Vista_x86.zip

12. squeaky

squeaky Private E-2

it looks something is happening. now i still have no sound icon and i can't play any music or whatsoever, but i hear error sounds (or no-go sound in gtalk)... so it looks like my device is running, but not as it should. i realised that i don't have audio codecs in device manager (on xp i had those), and on my sound device "realtek high definition audio" there is yellow icon with "!".
    in everest, in "windows audio" there is only midi-out.0, and pci/pnp audio there is nothing. there is no audio device in System report.

thank you very much iain.t

edit: realtek high definition audio is saying "this device cannot start (code 10)"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds