acer aspire one black screen with a difference

Discussion in 'Software' started by dkk, Feb 25, 2011.

1. dkk

dkk Private E-2

i have an acer aspire one a150/ zg5 and with it i once had the black screen at switchon; searched google and found and successfully implemented the bios flash fix. now i have the same problem of a black screen, only this time, unlike last time, when i switch off i see the briefest flicker of a "going into hibernation" screen (windows xp style)... but i cant do anything with the machine. has anyone come across this?

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try connecting to an external monitor to check if it is a problem with the screen itself.

Do you have a link to the information on the reason for the BIOS flash? (I'm curious what it was supposed to fix)

3. dkk

dkk Private E-2

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks for posting back. That was the BIOS fix I thought you used but I wasn't sure how the original black screen occurred.

Maybe the BIOS flash worked and it was a screen problem that remained?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds