Acer Aspire One wont boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redphoenix, Jun 15, 2014.

1. redphoenix

redphoenix Private E-2

I was in the process of trying set my acer aspire one back to factory settings when we had a power surge and the computer shut off. Now when I try to start it I get the following message: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer. This is a netbook and I do not have a installation disc or a disc drive!

Info: the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Frozwire

Frozwire Private E-2

You might also want to try the option to make and use a bootable USB drive to fix your system.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Can you expand on this advice and offer instruction as how to achieve this option?

Great to offer advice but instruction on how to achieve is also much better than a blind option that many will not know how to action.

5. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

Teach me to read the full post!

6. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

From what I have been able to research, you can access the hidden recovery partition by pressing Alt and F10 at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. I think this function is seperate from the actual operating system boot routine, like a Ghost or Acronis partition is.

The power surge hopefully didn't damage the recovery partition.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds