Acer Aspire x3950 Win7 Pro 64 bit No Sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by mseckin, Apr 2, 2013.

1. mseckin

mseckin Private E-2

I had to rebuild an Acer x3950 with Win7 Pro 64-bit system and cannot get sound going! The device manager shows High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High Definition Audio for the sound controller after Acer supplied audio driver is installed. The built-in speaker does not generate any sound. When I plug in the external speakers, the driver recognizes the hardware but still no sound.

I noticed several others had similar issues but with other OS. Any help will be appreciated.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you have installed any random Realtek Audio driver then uninstall it.

Then I would start by installing the Chipset driver HERE and reboot (crucial to reboot)

Then install the ACER Audio driver HERE for your model PC, reboot and test. Also make sure your Windows 7 is at Service Pack 1.

Check Device Manager for any yellow ! marks and tell us by what device they are next too once you have installed the above.

If you still do not get sound then try the advice HERE

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds