Acer Iconia W510 will not switch on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MatchPhotos, Oct 15, 2014.

1. MatchPhotos

MatchPhotos Private E-2

My Acer Iconia W510 will not switch on at all, it's been like this for about 2 months now.

I've tried every single power reset you can think of, Googled it about a million times and every discussion I find seems to come back with 'hold the power and volume button for 30 seconds and it'll switch on' which seems to work for everyone but me.

The most annoying thing is the Windows button still vibrates when you push it but I'm getting absolutely nothing on the screen. When plugged in the charging light is mostly red, sometimes it goes blue, but still nothing & of course, there's no disc tray or slot to insert any discs so that rules out any solution in that area.

I've tried plugging it in to the computer to try and spark it back into life and it comes up with the below

[​IMG]

It tries to install the device as it does with every device that is plugged in and comes back with this - 'CLOVERVIEW doesn't have a driver' - I've looked online but can't seem to find a driver that will allow this to run thorugh the computer

If anyone has any information, a link to the correct driver or any help they can offer at all I'll be extremely grateful as I've complerely run out of ideas. I work in IT and this thing has me stumped, the only thing it could be is a dispay problem with the tablet itself which needs repairing inside.

I appreciate your time, thank you

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds