Acer laptop spacebar won't secure back in

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Krushak, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Krushak

Krushak Private E-2

My little brother spilled soda on my laptop and I turned it off on him, removed the battery and let it dry. So I popped off some keys to clean cause they were sticky. Now all the keys pop back in but the space bar and I'm getting very frustrated. The only thing I can think of is some how the little spots that one of hte bars are bent possibly but it keeps popping off and won't secure. HEre are two pictures.

Attached Files:

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks!

Your best option is to replace the entire keyboard. Type in "Acer (model #) Keyboard" in a search on eBay or Amazon. For most models, you should be able to get a replacement keyboard for $20 or less.

Installing a new one is relatively easy (about 15 minutes). If you're not sure how, Google "Acer Keyboard Replacement" for a simple how-to video.

Hope this helps. :)

3. Krushak

Krushak Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds