Acer laptop trackpad problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by ksdaddy, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ksdaddy

ksdaddy Private E-2

Acer 5733Z, bought new 6 weeks ago. The 'right click' button on the track pad hasn't worked since Day One (should have returned it then). To work around that, I set the lower right zone to right click on a double tap.

A week ago the track pad quit working. A reboot brought it back. Next reboot, nothing. I'm using a USB mouse. I called Acer phone support and she instructed me to perform a system recovery, which took a couple hours and did no good. A second call to Acer yielded the same results....none.

Under control panel>hardware and sound>device manager>mice the trackpad doesn't even show up, only the external USB mouse.

If the trackpad is no good, then I'm not too upset about just buying one and installing it, I just want to make sure it's not a driver issue.

And how horrible is it to swap out trackpads?

Thanks.

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi
    RMA it back to who ever you bought it from, as it is only six weeks old they are obliged to either fix the issue/replace with like for like or of same value or a full refund, this will not be a driver issue this is a hardware failure issue and if you decide to go ahead and try to replace the touchpad, you will void any warranty cover that you have on the laptop, plus it is a very difficult process and unless you have very good knowlege of the workings and dismantling of laptops it is not advisable to do so!!!
    I hope this clarifies things for you ;)

iain.t :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds