acer monitor issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The ink is on sale, Aug 4, 2011.

1. The ink is on sale

The ink is on sale Private E-2

Hi I am new here and not 100% sure if this is where I should post this, but I shall for now. Today when I woke up I turned on my monitor and there has been little specks that have been appearing like mad, kinda like if a tv has static on it. I have a link to as what it looks like when I am on the game that I play. any ideas as to what it might be?

http://imageshack.us/f/135/atlantica20110804134458.jpg/

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack you using?

Also what is the graphic card you have installed or if its a OEM PC from the likes of DELL, HP etc make and model and we can find out?

Is this a laptop or desktop?
    Is the inside of the desktop clean and free from dust as in the fans and air vents, in the case of the laptop are the air vents clean as this seems on the face of it initially to be a heat issue.

Download and install this HERE and run it for a while (30mins to an hour) and let us know what the temps of CPU, Motherboard, Graphics card (if it monitors temps) are?

Unplug and replug your monitor into the PC as it could be a loose cable, do this from both ends of the cards cable into the monitor and PC.

3. The ink is on sale

The ink is on sale Private E-2

I am currently using windows 7, I am using a desktop and there is no dust to be found within it. The thing you told me to download tells me that it detected
    GeForce video card, lm75, max6650, it8721f, hd0 (1000.2gb), acpi, intel core. and that is really all I can tell atm, because I am not very computer smart. :|

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could you do me a favour and follow the below as written and attach as mentioned in the guide the log file?

as the best course of action is to try re-installing the latest graphics driver for your model card and seeing how you get on, you did also unplug the cable from the monitor and graphics card and re-plug in as that's a know cause of some issues like yours in graphical issues?

Will try and make any steps to follow as easy as possible for you also.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds