Acer notebook keypad/touch pad non-responsive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by irish chick, Jun 13, 2008.

1. irish chick

irish chick Private E-2

Please help!! I have an Acer Aspire 5100 running Vista Home Premium..the keypad/touchpad are not working (corrupt drivers?)..I have a restore cd but cannot access it ..have tried Alt+F10 when rebooting, no luck,no keys are recognized...(nor touchpad) I've booted to the resotre cd but cannot click next when prompted..Does anyone know how I can acccess eRecovery Console or my cd drive? I appreciate any assistance you can give me!!

Thanks

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Insert the restore cd in the drive, either shut down & power on or restart the pc.

3. irish chick

irish chick Private E-2

I've tried that several times but I get an Acer eRecovery Management screen that prompts me to click NEXT for English...I am unable to do that.
    anything else?
    Thank you for responding

4. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

hold down the blue "Fn" key and hit "F7"

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Have you tried the TAB, Shift+Tab and Enter keys on the keyboard?

E

6. irish chick

irish chick Private E-2

I have tried the Function key + F7....no luck...I've tried every combination of keys that I could think of with no results...I'm afraid that if I replace the keyboard that I will still have the problem. ..the laptop was keyboard/touchpad froze before but reboot fixed it temporarily...now even that does not work!! I'l ltry anything once!
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

The TAB and Shift Tab are for selecting, the Enter key works like left clicking the mouse. Hope it works.

E

8. irish chick

irish chick Private E-2

Tried that also..to no avail! Nothing is registering on the keyboard..no keys work!
    I'm open to any other ideas, Please!

Thanks for your suggestions...

9. irish chick

irish chick Private E-2

Just a quick thank you note for all those who tried to help with my laptop issue....it seems that it s the motherboard,after all....rats! now we have a parts donor!
    Thanks anyway!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds