Acer Veriton M460 VISTA 32bit - "No Audio Output Device is Installed"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by markmoss, Oct 15, 2013.

1. markmoss

markmoss Private E-2

Hello

I have an Acer Veriton M460 running Windows Vista 32bit Ultimate.

I am having a problem with my sound card. On the windows task bar the sound icon has a red X thru it and if you move your mouse over it, it say No Audoi Output Device is installed. I have reinstalled the Chipset drivers and the Audio Drivers(Realtek) nad the only change that has made is the message has changed to Volume: 0 Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio but still with the Red X thru the icon.

I have attached a Speccy Dump File with all of the system specifics.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Mark Moss :confused

Attached Files:

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I've got a Dell Precision M70 laptop that I had the same type of problem with. I had to use Device Manager to install my Sigmatel audio driver after the folder was expanded to C:\Dell\Drivers. It wouldn't launch the built-in installer after expansion but it did install the .inf file from within Device manager and my Win XP driver worked.

3. markmoss

markmoss Private E-2

Can someone give me a place to start on fixing this problem??????????????

4. mdonah

Apparently, the driver installed correctly because it now reads Realtek Audio. Did you try clicking on the icon and unchecking the mute box and moving the volume slider up to an acceptable level?

5. markmoss

markmoss Private E-2

mdonoh

First let me thank you for your reply and

Second when I click on the round Sound Icon and then click on the Sound Mixer it says that the is "no audio device installed"

This is so frustrating I want to :cry

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Moss

6. mdonah

Is your audio device driver simply an EXE file or is it an archive file like a .ZIP file? If it's a .ZIP type archive, expand the archive but stop the installer. Then go into Device Manager and scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers. Right click on the audio device and select Update Driver. Locate the expanded archive and select the WDM folder and click OK. Device Manager should then install your audio driver.

As I had stated in my previous post, this is what I had to do on my Dell.

BTW, I'm running Vista Business like you are.

7. markmoss

markmoss Private E-2

mdonah

I want to thank you for your response, but no luck.

I updated the Dirver in the way that you suggested and it is still the same, no sound.

It still has the red X on the sound icon and still says no audio device installed.

Mark Moss

8. mdonah

There's only one other thing I can think of. Go into Device Manager again. Right click on the Audio device and select Properties. Go to the Driver tab and click on the Enable button (see attached).

If you're interested, there was a Driver Update released today.

Attached Files:

9. markmoss

markmoss Private E-2

mdonah

No luck it was already enabled. In the mean time I have installed a SoundBlaster Live 24 PCI sound card and it installed fine and the drivers downloaded off the web. But still no sound, its like there is a setting in the registry that has turned the volume down to zero and needs to be reset.

Mark Moss
    :cry

10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

11. markmoss

markmoss Private E-2

PLODR

I have done as you suggested and still "no audio device installed".

This is maddening, I have two sound devices installed, the onboard Realtek and a PCI SoundBlaster Live 24.

Both show up under the device manager, but somehow the sound volume looks like it is set to ZERO, but cannot be accessed to be changed.

Is their anyway that this can be accessed in the registry somehow?

Mark Moss
    :cry

12. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

I would suggest going into Add/Remove programs, and completely uninstall any drivers which appear for the audio. I recommend using RevoUninstaller, and selecting the advanced removal process which wipes registry entries as well. After you complete that, head over to Device Manager, and completely uninstall ALL audio devices. Restart the computer.

Access the BIOS during restart, and if you are going to keep the card go into settings and disable the onboard sound from the BIOS menu, provided the option is available. Exit the BIOS, saving your changes.

When Vista boots, it should see the card and locate the drivers for it. I stress SHOULD.

If that still fails, download and run MalwareBytes free scanner to check for any malware. There is also the possibility of some type of bootkit, or rootkit messing with your hardware. Kasperky's TDSSKiller is a great tool to scan for the type of malware which hides in the boot sector (MBR).

Good luck...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds