Acronis Home 2010

Discussion in 'Software' started by MikeF15334, Nov 5, 2009.

1. MikeF15334

MikeF15334 Private E-2

I just recently purhcased acronis true image home 2010 for vista business. I am trying to use the boot disk and it freezes starting up please wait. This is a brand new HP laptop. I tried using a few different boot disks same issue. Help!

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

3. MikeF15334

MikeF15334 Private E-2

But dont you need a support contract for that?

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

It looks like you get 30 days of free non priority support. http://www.acronis.com/support/advantage.html towards the bottom of the page. Since it is an issue of the CD possibly not working with your hardware and appears to be a known problem for which they have a solution they will probably let the date slide if you tell them it is the first time you tried the CD and you expect them to make things right. I like Acronis products but have not had to deal with their customer service/tech support.

5. Earthling

No, you don't need a contract. Do as Sach suggested and they will issue you with a case number. After that it's just a case of doing what they ask you to do. My own support case was raised in June when the ATI 2009 boot disk failed to recognize my eSATA. I have been sent different isos from time to time, a free upgrade to 2010 (which still has the same problem), and finally, in October, an iso which has solved the problem.

Fortunately, providing your system can boot to Windows, you are able to use the product fully while all this is going on. :)

6. MikeF15334

MikeF15334 Private E-2

know a 1800 number to call

7. MikeF15334

MikeF15334 Private E-2

looking where to submit a case?

8. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

It looks to me that you start at the Support page and use the support wizard to initiate things. Bottom right--Have Questions>Start here button.

9. Earthling

10. MikeF15334

MikeF15334 Private E-2

thanks a bunch they gave me an iso file to use.

11. Earthling

Hope it works for you :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds