Activate Dell 2350 wireless router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flyer1960, Jul 2, 2007.

1. flyer1960

flyer1960 Private E-2

I have a Dell 2350 wireless router connected to my Dell Dimension 3000 running Windows XP Home. The router has been connected for over a year working properly. Last week I went on vacation and removed the ethernet cable to utilize the connection in the vacation location. While away, a Dell technician replaced the motherboard in my computer. The internet and computer work well with the cable modem connected directly to the computer. However, I have not been able to re-connect the router. When all the connections are made, the "power" light does not come on, and the message that a cable is not connected appears. I have attempted to reset the router by unplugging the power cable and also tried to reset the unit with the reset button on the back of the router. Neither changed the status. The internet and 4 LAN lights are on, but the power light remains off, and there is no internet connection. The "internet" light does not flash. I'm on the verge of tossing the router and replacing it. Can it be saved? Thanks.

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

3. flyer1960

flyer1960 Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like a very good deal. My apologies for being a total novice on this subject, but along with my Dell router I also have the Dell Wireless USB 2.0 WLAN Card Utility installed on my laptop. That is the other end of the router. If I buy the suggested router will I have to purchase another card utility in order to connect the desktop and the laptop?

4. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

no, you do not need a separate utility. You shouldnt have any trouble connecting to the new router. The dell utility usually isnt even needed as Windows (XP and Vista) have a built in wireless utility. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds