Active Directory: Account keeps locking out.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lordpsymon, Apr 25, 2012.

1. lordpsymon

lordpsymon Private E-2

Hi guys,

Is this the right place to post questions regarding Active Directory?

I have a user who's account keeps getting locked out.
    Policy is that three failed attempts at typing your password will lock you out.
    However, this user is coming in every morning to finding his account locked out, and it'll get locked out several times during the day. The user has no mobile devices synced with the exchange server, so it isn't a stale password on that, and no applications where his password is saved. We've tried changing his password, which has not resolved the issue.
    I'm going through the event viewer on his PC now to look for clues. Any ideas what to look out for?

I probably should give some details of the network/PC he is on.

His server is using Windows 2008.
    His pc is Windows XP SP3.

2. lordpsymon

lordpsymon Private E-2

After checking the event log for the user's machine, I came across several events like this one:

[​IMG]

Could that be contributing?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds