ActiveX controls set to high.

Discussion in 'Software' started by 2kflhr, Jan 24, 2005.

1. 2kflhr

2kflhr Private E-2

I was on the HP website to update my drivers. When the site attempted to see if I needed to update them, I get a screen saying that I have my ActiveX controls set to high.

How do I change them?

Thanks Guys, This site is awesome!

2. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

Your activeX controls are under the internet explorer properties. Right-click internet explorer and go to properties. Go to the security tab and under that tab you can click custom level. The activeX controls are the list that pops up, just have to look for them. Be careful what you disable or enable. If you set the security to low then anything from any site you visit will be able to install with out your knowledge. Hope this helps

3. 2kflhr

2kflhr Private E-2

Thanks, I had already tried what you said and it made no difference. Can't figure it out.

4. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

the hp site didn't prompt you, or tell you what they should be changed to? when i was working on a friends computer, and was trying to run mcafee online scan, i had active x problems, and it gave me a link on the error page to an active x page (basically explained how to fix it). what are your settings?

these are my settings, might want to compare? (active x = x, below)

download signed x controls --> prompt
    download unsigned x controls --> disabled
    initialize and script x controls not marked as safe --> disabled
    run x controls and plug-ins --> enable
    script x controls marked safe for scripting --> enable

and my security level for the internet (globe) is on medium

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds