activeX wont install in XP new install

Discussion in 'Software' started by artistwantab, Jul 5, 2012.

1. artistwantab

artistwantab Private First Class

Well I formatted my hard drive and installed windows XP and everything seems perfect.

Then I went to windows update and it said I needed to install activeX and I clicked on install.

Then I proceeded to update and it keeps tell me that there is a problem. I tried again and nothing.

Reboot and it asks for the activeX again. After numorous tries with some ides via google search I decided I need to re-install.

Same exact thing and I am sure its all related to axtiveX. It did install java fine.

I am stumped and after trying to find out if could manually install activeX I could not find it.

Security set to medium I even tried below that.
    Turned off Firewall
    In internet options - advanced.....I untagged and tagged all the active options

I have tried just about everything I could find on the net.

Thanks in advance because I could sure use some help.

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

3. artistwantab

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I suggest that you manually download the Service Pack 3 installer and save it to disk, then close all programs and run the downloaded installer.

Once you have SP3 installed, try Microsoft Update (rather than Windows Update) at http://www.update.microsoft.com/

Make sure you allow the ActiveX Controls to install (from the pale yellow bar on top of the browser window).

5. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

I'd recommend doing as pwillener suggested. If you still have further problems then zip c:\windows\WindowsUpdate.log and attach to your post.

6. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

7. artistwantab

Thank you I will try that now.

8. artistwantab

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds