Ad-Aware 8.3

Discussion in 'Software' started by valmyre, Jul 10, 2010.

1. valmyre

valmyre Private E-2

hi I hope this is the right catagory to ask...

I just downloaded the new ad aware 8.3 version , and it is in a foreign language upon installation, i didn't go any further with the install as i am worried that it might be bogus..(downloaded from cnet) Please advise

2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

3. valmyre

valmyre Private E-2

thanks for the quick reply, i did try that one first and it is the same..

4. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Don't what to tell you about Ad-Aware, gave up on it long ago. Have you run scans with any other security applications? If so what was result? Have you noticed anything out of ordinary of late, pop-ups, redirects and such?

5. valmyre

valmyre Private E-2

no nothing out of the ordinary on my old version, worked well as much as i can tell..it just seems strange that the new update version is in a different lang' on install,

6. silas

silas MajorGeek

I havn't used this forever either. But it could just simply be a language problem or it could be malware of some sort. Also that link he provided and works(downloaded it installed and ran it in english). Are you sure you uninstalled all ad aware programs and deleted all folders it had and restarted the computer then try re downloading this program from the link?

Also theres a list on this forum http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 that shows some known program things that are in your add/remove that you need to remove. But what you mention is a program.

and if you feel you are infected and want to get cleaned you can go here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

7. valmyre

valmyre Private E-2

thanks i will try that

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds