Adaptec DirectCD Wizard, No supported CD -R / CD-RW Drive!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flavours, Jun 16, 2005.

1. flavours

flavours Private E-2

Hi there, I'm new around here and was wondering if someone could help. I have recently rebuilt my PC from scratch. I bought the PC from tiny about 5 years ago and had all the software pre-installed on it. So obviously, i now need to re-install all my software. i have recently re-installed the Adaptec DirectCD and Adaptec Easy CD Creator software with no problems but having problem copying/creating CD's. Seems like its not recognising the CD drive as a copier or something, not too sure.....help please?!?!?!?

2. Olley

Olley Sergeant

that sounds like u havnt installed the propper drivers for ur rom drive.. which one do u have? type its name + "drivers" into google and u should be directed to a site that has what u need.

3. flavours

flavours Private E-2

how do i find out what drive / drivers i have got or need?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Some info please like what OS you using?

Are you fully upto date with all MS updates and Service Packs?

What version of EZCD Creator you using and is that also upto date? ( you may know what Adaptec do not own that software anymore... its was a fair while ago that they sold it to Roxio.. so you "may" find some updates to that program their http://www.roxio.com/upgrade-center/index.jhtml )

To find out the make/model of your CDRW use this nice free application Everest Home Edition ( Free ) ... Once installed goto Storage > Optical Drives and it will give you description of the drive an manufacturer etc

These days a CDROM drive is not needed as the OS handles that hardware driver.... but worth a look.

In My Computer is your CDRW listed in the drives list? if not enter your Bios and look to see if its being located their?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds